November 26, 2022
The 2022 8th Annual Mark Twain Museum Beard and Mustache Competition is November 26th!
You can enter to show us your Stache or Beard either in person or virtually in the Mark Twain Museum Beard and Mustache Competition. Registration to compete includes submission of a photo of your beard or stache and your $5 entry fee for each category you are entering. Then get ready to join us on Facebook live on Saturday, November 26th at 3:00 and show us your stache or beard in person, or for those not able to attend in person, your photo will be presented in your place. Winners in each category will be selected and shown live on Facebook Live at 3:00 pm on Saturday, November 26th.
Categories in the Mustache Competition include:
- Dapper Stache – Full of originality where styling aids are acceptable and encouraged. The addition of mustache/hair wax, hair spray, hair lacquer, hair gel and styling foams are all acceptable.
- The Manliest Stache – Is your mustache as impressive as Burt Reynolds or Tom Sellecks? Then this category is for you. Open to all natural staches.
- The Mark Twain Stache – The Mark Twain Museum’s Mustache Competition would not be complete if we didn’t add Twain’s famous witty mustache, more commonly referred to as the Walrus. It is busy, and full, drooping over the mouth and also extending downward at each corner.
Categories in the Beard Competition include:
- Goatee – The goatee (and mustache) are well maintained but without any styling aids. Mustache should not be curled. We’re looking for that natural look.
- Full Beard Natural – Do you have the beard to top all others? The Full Beard Natural may not be curled, and both beard (and mustache) should be natural in color. No styling aids are allowed.
- Freestyle – Let your creativeness take over in the Freestyle category. No limit to the artistic elements which can be added, and it is open to all beard and stache designs.
A $5 donation and registration per category is required and prizes, sponsored by Schmidt & White Barbershop, will be awarded to the winners of each category. Schmidt & White also matches each $5 donation with 100% of proceeds donated to the James E. Cary Cancer Center. Entry in more than one category is allowed.
Enter Mark Twain Museum Beard and Mustache Competition
No-Shave November strives to raise awareness of cancer by encouraging men to “put down those razors”! So join the cause and have some fun at the Mark Twain Museum’s Beard and Mustache Contest.
People’s Choice voting will be held on Facebook following the event with the winner announced on Saturday, December 10th. Email pictures of your stache or beard to email@example.com if entering virtually.
You can follow all the updates on the Museum’s Annual Beard and Mustache Competition on the Museum’s 8th Annual Beard and Mustache Facebook page.